Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people – our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
What we are looking for: M.S. Walker has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Transportation Supervisor, Monday through Friday from 1 pm to 9 pm. Responsibilities include setting up delivery routes in a cost-effective manner while providing customer service with on-date and on-time arrivals. Additionally, managing and directing delivery drivers upon their return to the warehouse.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Setting up routes using the Transportation Management System (TMS) Roadnet for next day delivery
- Maintaining the customer base in the TMS and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Supervising all union and casual (non-union) helpers while On Duty (as being on Company Premises).
- Supervising the accurate check-in on all Company trucks and products upon return from route.
- Reconciling driver delivery manifests daily.
- Utilizing the Warehouse Management System (WMS), High Jump, to return product into inventory
- Communicating and relaying vital Company operational information to supervisors, fellow supervisors and to the supervisor who is relieving you, in writing and/or verbally.
- Providing customer service in a polite and efficient manner to customers and salespeople inquiring about orders over the telephone and/or in person.
- Supervising and making delivery decisions by phone with union drivers while they are on their routes.
- Reporting all delivery problems by logging them on daily driver phone-in for authorization report.
- Monitoring driver performance and reporting to supervisors.
- Contacting all truck leasing companies to arrange for the servicing of regular trucks from fleet and relaying this information to your supervisor by documentation.
- Contacting truck leasing company to arrange for rental and return of extra rental trucks depending on demand and relaying this information to your supervisor by proper documentation.
- Making sure all Company property, products, load bars, locks, etc. are removed from trucks (regular and rentals) before they go truck lease company for service or return.
- Monitoring that all operations are conducted following Company safety procedures and that the safety of the workers that you are responsible for is of paramount importance – will not condone or overlook unsafe work practices.
- Conducting daily warehouse checks (at the beginning and end of the shift) to make sure all breakage and garbage is cleaned before your shift is relieved.
- Properly documenting all actions of union employees including, but not limited to: absences, lateness, violations of Company and contractual rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3 years’ minimum experience in delivery routing
- DOT experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Computation Skills: Frequently
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Occasionally
Reach Overhead: Occasionally
Use of Computer: Occasionally
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily
Benefits: We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vision coverage through VSP
- 401k program through Fidelity Investments
- Flexible spending options (medical, transit, and dependent care)
- Disability & Life Insurance packages
- Paid Vacation & 11 paid Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Wellness programs and discount fitness memberships
- Employee Assistance Program through AllOne Health