Job ID: 228867818
Primary Job Functions
This section describes the essential responsibilities that this job performs.
• Plan and schedule all distribution center services including shipping, receiving, returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure the customer requirements and demands are met in an efficient manner.
• Prepares departmental annual budget based on the forecasting by the Company and direction from leadership.
• Coordinate short-term and long-term labor needs based on sales forecasts and direction from Leadership and other Stakeholders within the business.
• Achieve optimum performance levels and adequate expense levels of consumables, space, equipment and overhead to meet annual budgetary plan.
• Formulate and recommend distribution center policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving the Company’s competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
• Develop and maintain distribution center plans and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality in the movement of product to ensure customer and Company quality standards are met.
• Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste. Monitor damage and rework and direct the establishment and implementation of distribution center standards.
• Directs and coordinate various programs essential to distribution center procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, quality, employee involvement, security, etc.) to distribution center supervisors and employees.
• Act as a liaison between department management and subordinate levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, safety, quality, attitudes and results. Ensure awareness of the Company’s goals and objectives.
• Hire, train, and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary in accordance with Company policy. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
• Initiate and coordinate major projects, (e.g., distribution center layout changes, equipment and space needs and utilization, capital expenses and major repairs).
• Work directly with the other leaders of the facility and outside contractors or compliance personnel in regards to facility initiatives, projects and safety compliance.
• Participate in safety, retention and recruiting committees and initiatives.
• Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and make appropriate recommendations to leadership as necessary.
• Work effectively and communicate and relate well with others. Maintain effective and constructive working relationships.
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
• BA/BS in logistics, business or supply chain management, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.