Cleaner - Warehouse - 2nd Shift
Barnes & Noble has an opening for a Cleaner in our Monroe, NJ Distribution Center conveniently located off Exit 8A on the NJ Turnpike.
-Full-time and Part-time schedules available
-Daily and weekend overtime offered
-Climate controlled environment
-Second Shift Differential
We offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package for eligible positions, including health insurance (medical, dental and hospitalization), 401(k), life insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and an Employee 40% discount which can be used online or in stores.
-Safety is always our top priority! Practices to keep our facilities clean and employees safe include:
-Daily thermal temperature scans upon entering the facility.
-Disposable masks and gloves provided daily.
-Deep and daily cleaning of the distribution facility and social distancing practices required of everyone.
As a Cleaner, you ensure the clean and orderly condition of the Barnes & Noble warehouse by performing all janitorial duties including restrooms and office areas as needed. You will use supplies, tools, and powered equipment when appropriate.
This position is responsible for the following cleaning tasks throughout the warehouse and office:
• Warehouse: Sweeps floors, empty trash cans, sets up, transports and empties gaylords as assigned.
• Floors: Sweeps, mops, and vacuums floors using brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners and powered floor sweepers and scrubbers. Other floor cleaning required may include waxing, and polishing floors and carpets.
• Restrooms: Replenishes bathroom supplies; cleans and disinfects sinks, countertops, toilets, mirrors, floors, and metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings, etc.
• Break rooms/ kitchenettes: Replenishes break room supplies and cleans and disinfects sinks, countertops, tables, chairs refrigerators, etc.
• Uses electric rider pallet jack to transport gaylords of recyclable materials and trash to compactors.
• Delivers messages, transports tables, chairs furniture and other small equipment using manual carts or electric powered equipment.
• Sets up furniture tables and chairs.
• May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, hot and cold weather conditions and moving mechanical equipment.
• Will need to work at heights above floor level using step ladders, rolling ladders or stairways.
• Frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, working underneath low profiles, and climbing stairs is required along with manual dexterity needed to complete tasks.
• Continuous body movement, the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Operate Sweepers, Scrubbers and Powered cleaning equipment.
• Always complies with proper safety policies and procedures.
• Minimum of 1 year of related experience in facilities cleaning and/or maintenance desired.
• Ability to understand, read and write in English.
• Must pass written and practical test on Electric pallet jack.
• Must participate in blood borne pathogen training.
• Must participate in SDS training.
Job ID: 307163340