Richmond Recycling Inc is looking for a hands-on, willing to work in the trenches site-leader. Ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of operations management experience with an established record of delivering results through people mangement and fostering an environment of teamwork.
- Manage site operations, direct and motivate others to be productive with approachable leadership, while enforcing safe process and environmentally compliant performance.
- Ensure proper staffing levels, develop labor and focus resources to ensure safety, financial and operational goals.
- Utilize metrics and reports to indentify trends, make course corrections to maximize production efficiency and profitability of business.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiative at site.
- Proactively communicates with owner about site performance, daily logistics and situations that may impact the achievement of budget or operational priorities.
- Foster an environment of safety, quality, continuous improvement and best management practices.
- Ensure standardized work practices are exercised daily; including job safety analysis, fire safety, environmental safety, housekeeping and product quality to exceed customer specification.
- Ensure that maintenance work orders are generated timely for equipment and building repairs.
- Provide support to operations Monday - Saturday 8am - 3pm and on-call as needed.
- Minimum travel may be required.
- Able to work in a challenging, fast-paced, consistently changing environment
- 3 or more years managing 10 or more employees
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- 3 or more years DOT and FMCSA knowledge
- 3 or more years experience within logistics or transportation dispatch scheduling and routing
- Understands OSHA and environmental regulations and guidelines
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting work priorities with direction to ensure resources focus on the highest work value
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent compination of education and 3-5 years related industry experience required
- Proven history of establishing safety performance with low OSHA TRIR and LTIR
- Experience managing a production facility or process operation facility preferred