Job Title: Warehouse Associate – 3rd Shift
Location: Norwood, MA
Department: Shipping Department
Reports to: Shipping Supervisor – 3rd Shift
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Shift: Night Shift: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 pm - 6:30 am
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Job Objective: To facilitate the movement of goods and product in a safe and productive manner.
- To take and understand verbal direction from management and to carry out the tasks in a productive manner.
- To follow all company safety procedures and to never put yourself or fellow workers at risk through unsafe work practices.
- To work and communicate with fellow workers and management in an effective, positive manner to assure the completion of assigned tasks.
- Must be qualified, through on-site certification, to drive and operate all warehouse equipment, including: Forklifts, Order Pickers, Reach Trucks and Pallet Jacks, in a safe and effective manner.
- Have the ability to recognize and distinguish product, both visually and in writing, including but not limited to size, proof, type, vintage and appellation is required.
- Physical Requirements include, but are not limited to: the ability to work at heights; long periods of sitting standing, bending and heavy lifting. Heavy lifting is quantified as the ability to lift single cases weighing up to 55 pounds repeatedly and for long durations of time.
- Be responsible for daily housekeeping requirements, including but not limited to: the clean-up and re-packaging of breakage, the sweeping, mopping and scrubbing of warehouse surfaces and removal of rubbish.
- Know the proper warehouse location of product and make sure all products and goods are kept in proper locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 0-3 years experience in Production setting
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds repeatedly for long durations of time
- Attention to detail a must
Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Computation Skills: Occasionally
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Frequently
Reach Overhead: Frequently
Use of Computer: Occasionally
Verbal Communication: Occasionally
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily
Benefits: We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical through BCBS covered by the company at 95%
- Dental and vision coverage
- Union exclusive pension plan
- 401k program
- Flexible spending options
- Disability & Life Insurance packages
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Wellness programs and discount fitness memberships
- Employee Assistance Program