The Director of Operations and Logistics is an experienced transportation/construction manager who is capable of managing and leading a vertically integrated structure spanning two states and 15 locations. This position is directly responsible for leading regional operations and construction managers who oversee a work force of more than 400 employees. This position is responsible for long-term strategic planning and coordinates day-to-day activities related to heavy highway road construction and road maintenance applications.
• Direct and motivate supervisory personnel and staff engaged in planning and executing work procedures.
• Plan, develop, implement, lead, and evaluate the organization's operations function and performance.
• Manages scheduling logistics in conjunction with sales and operations.
• Develop and manage operations budget, as well as provide timely budget updates to the Executive Team.
• Evaluate the present and future needs of the Corporation’s operations infrastructure, equipment, and personnel. Provide Executive Team with project proposals and capital expenditure requests.
• Evaluate the operations division structure for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as developing long-term succession planning for all facets of the operations division.
• Troubleshoot and collaborate with other managers to problem-solve and advance the processes of the business unit and the division as a whole.
• Manage Regional Operations Managers to accomplish short and long-term goals consistent with the Corporation’s vision and objectives.
• Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity, quality of execution, and reduce cost.
• Train, develop, and assess staff effectively as well as providing individuals with recommendations for professional and personal growth. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
• Safe Work Practices
• Ethical Conduct
• Financial Management
• Operations Excellence
• Team Development
• Communication Proficiency
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Business Acumen
• Project Management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field or equivalent work experience (MBA or Master’s in related field preferred).
• 10+ years in leadership role
• 5+ years of experience in managing/leading transportation/construction employees in a medium or large-size company.
Suit-Kote offers competitive wages, paid time off, and a growth-oriented work environment. We extend employer-paid medical and dental benefits, as well as company-paid life insurance to all full-time employees. Personnel are also eligible for participation in our 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 242091659